microphones in the trees: odetta

Thursday, December 15, 2005

odetta

"If only one could be sure that every 50 years a voice and a soul like Odetta's would come along, the centuries would pass so quickly and painlessly we would hardly recognize time" – Maya Angelou.
Odetta es un pedazo de cielo folk, un pedazo de cielo gospel, un pedazo de cielo blues. un afrodisíaco, un Bob Dylan astronauta, una postal desde Alabama...
...Hangman, hangman, hold it a little while, Think I see my friends coming, Riding a many mile. Friends, did you get some silver? Did you get a little gold? What did you bring me, my dear friends, To keep me from the Gallows Pole? What did you bring me to keep me from the Gallows Pole? I couldn't get no silver, I couldn't get no gold, You know that we're too damn poor to keep you from the...Swingin' on the gallows pole!...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Esta mujer salía de pasada en "No direction home" cantando una canción que ponía los pelos de picos pardos...

buf!

Luihmi

ana said...

de hecho tiene un disco que se titula asÍ: 'covers of bob dylan songs'. Ahí están mr tambourine man, blowing in the wind.....pero la mejor es Long ago, far away. buf! (tengo el vídeo en la tienda así que le echaré un vistazo)

la que más me gusta, sin ser versión de Bob Dylan, es Gallows Pole (gallows tree). Im presio nan te :)))

Anonymous said...

Seguro que a Dylan le gustan más que las versiones que hacían sus contemporaneos folks (la canción de Odetta sale entera en la peli). Cuando Joan Baez, Peter Seeger y compañía le hacen los coros en "blowin' in the wind" Dylan no puede evitar una cara de "qué-estoy-haciendo-aquí" (aunque pensándolo bien es la que tiene siempre)

:)

lm

ana said...

:DDD